Friday, July 24, 2020

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 20

Chapter 20 - Debut party in the royal capital 1

The day of the debut party has arrived in the royal capital.

The ones about to leave the mansion are, Garm, Sara and me.

Sebas, the butler, is in charge of the carriage.

And since Reine has nothing to do with the debut party, she stays at home.


「Reine, you must listen to Maria」



Sara tells Reine.


「I fully know that. It's the long-awaited debut party of Cain-kun, so I wanted to see him, but since I was in the room with him the whole time while he was trying on different clothes, I'm a little satisfied」


Reine was with me the whole time while I tried on different clothes in my room. Not only her, but Silvia too.


「Seriously, it's a problem that you don't have an exclusive maid to help you dress you, Cain-sama」


Even though she said that, she just stared at me the whole time with sparkling eyes.


「I'll be going then」


Garm gets in the carriage.


「Reine-nee-sama, I'm going. Silvia, I'm entrusting you with the house」


「Have a good time」


Sara and Cain, they both got into the carriage and it departed.


「Cain, you were made a baron at your last audience. It's unlikely you'll be granted independence at your age. You will be the focus of today's debut party. Be careful though. Especially watch out for parents who introduce you to their daughters. After all, the fact that Her Royal Highness and Miss Silk is engaged to you is still a secret」


「I understand, father. I'll try to handle it well」


「That's not a five-year-old's way of thinking, good grief」


Even Garm is astonished.


「We should be arriving at the castle any minute」


The voice of Sebas, the coachman, reached our ears.


「Finally, though I'm somewhat nervous」


Then we arrived at the royal castle.


In the hall of the waiting room, there were already quite a few noblemen and their children.


There were probably about 30 children alone, and if you include their parents, there are about 100 people in the hall.

The parents also seem to be divided into groups and discussing while drinking wine.

I wonder if they divided themselves into groups according to their factions?

There was also Marquis Golgino, who glared at me and opposed my decoration.

With him, a cheeky-looking child. And behind the child, following him, two other children.


We walked into the hall and went around greeting the others as a family. And since the royal family hasn't arrived yet, we went to greet Duke Eric. Miss Silk is right next to him. She sends me a smile while she gives me a little wave with her hand.

Duke Eric saw me answering her little greeting with another.

Duke Eric looked at me and Miss Silk in turns and then smiled at me.

I'm afraid of that smile, though.


「Thank you, Duke Eric, for all your help the other day. Let me introduce him again.  My third son, Cain」


Garm introduces me. Even though we talked once the audience was over, it's a secret that we had that talk, so we're introducing ourselves as if it was the first time we've met.


「I'm Cain von Silford, Margrave Garm von Silford Gracia third son. It's a pleasure to meet you」


I straighten up and say hello. How's that? Perfect, right?


「Well, well,  you must be Baron Cain, the hero.  I'm the Duke Eric von Santana Marvik. Thank you once again for helping my Silk」


Duke Eric greets me with a smile.


「She's Silk, my second daughter. I would like to thank you again」


Duke Eric winks at me. Then, Miss Silk appears in front.


「Silk von Santana. Thank you, Cain-sama, for saving me from a dangerous situation」


Silk was wearing a light pink dress. Her long hair was set on top of her head and she looked pretty much like a princess.


「Miss Silk, the dress looks great on you.  You look very cute」


I'm a high school student, plus I'm five years old, So even if I see a five-year-old child, I can only think of them as cute.

However such words may have had a great effect since Silk's face turned bright red.


「Cain-sama, does it really suits me?」


「Yeah. It looks great on you. You're lovely, Miss Silk」


「Cain-sama also looks very nice in that blue outfit. It looks great on you, Cain-sama」


As they were entering their world, Duke Eric coughed deliberately.


「Margrave Garm, I wonder if it's really okay for Baron Cain to be able to handle women that well being a five-year-old child? I'm worried about the future」


It sounded incredibly sarcastic. Hey, I'm not lusting after a five-year-old child!


「No, no, Reine, his older sister is quite the tomboy, so if he's not careful enough she can get cranky easily, so he's used to it」


They're both laughing.


「Then, I'll see you later」


He said and we went into a different group. Silk gave me a small wave and I waved back.


「Cain, are you not too used to dealing with women?」


Garm secretly asked Cain.


「Reine-nee-sama gets in a good mood whenever you flatter her. I try to pay attention to the other person's face」


「That's really unlike a normal five years old child」


Garm smiled bitterly.


As expected, as we greeted the known nobleman of Garm, all talk went straight to how I was conferred a rank as well as the elimination of the orcs. And if I preferred older or younger women among other things... It's just as Garm said.

From the parents' point of view, everyone seeks to give their daughter in marriage to a high-ranking nobleman and eldest son. Or to an aristocrat who can go independent. The fact that I was conferred with a peerage at the age of five may mean that I'm considered to be excellent.  Well, it's not a surprise given the flashy battle I had while exterminating them.

I went around greeting the children's parents while replying blandly to their questions.


As I spent my time greeting and giving a small talk, the music suddenly began to play. After it became quiet, His Majesty, the Queen, and Her Royal Highness Princess Telestia, the third princess, appeared.

His Majesty sat in a chair in the center of the room, with the Queen beside him and Princess Telestia on the other side.

The princess was one step higher, and she looked very pretty in her white dress and with the tiara on her head.

She also looked like she was wearing a thin layer of makeup.

The other children were also staring at her with a blank stare.


Then His Majesty's greetings began.


「I thank you for coming here from so far away. The children who are here have turned five years old and have been baptized. In the future, I wish that each one of you give the best of yourselves and become a pillar of this country so that this country can grow splendidly. So now, let's have a toast」

Every visitor has a glass.  The children, of course, have juice.


「Cheers」


「「「「「「「「「「Cheers」」」」」」」」」」


After the toast is over, everyone takes their children to greet His Majesty.

I leave that part to Garm. If possible, I don't want to talk too much to His Majesty.

After all, I don't know what he could have planned for me.


「It's almost time for us to go and greet His Majesty」

Garm called me and we went to greet His Majesty.


「His Majesty, congratulations for the Princess Telestia. This is Cain, my third son」


「I'm Baron Cain von Silford. Thank you for inviting me here today」


Garm and Cain introduce themselves.


「Garm, Cain, thank you for coming. Please, enjoy your day」


「Cain-sama, you look lovely today in that outfit. It suits you very well」


Her Higness, Princess Telestia says.


「Her Royal Highness Princess Telestia is also very beautiful. When you appeared, I thought an angel had descended」


Telestia's face turned completely red.


「Garm, how in the world did you raise this lady-killer? Look at Telestia」


With a bright red face, she was holding down both cheeks with her hands while wiggling.


Both His Majesty and Garm could only smile bitterly.


「That reminds me, Your Majesty, today I have bought something with me that I'd like to present to you. May I take it out of the item box?」


Cain asks His Majesty for permission.


「Umu. You may do it」


His Majesty nodded.


Cain took out a set from his item box. A set of the game reversi. Moreover, and as a gift to His Highness, this cost an entire gold coin.


「It will be an entertainment product made in conjunction with Sarakan company. It's called 'Reversi'. We're planning to register it with the God of Commerce and start selling it in the future. But before we start selling it, we wanted to present it to you」


「Umu. So, an entertainment product? Cain, once the ceremony is over, you will come with me to the reception room. I want to hear more about this. Is that okay?」


The pressure of silence came.

It was just a gift, but I have a feeling that this gift will become quite a nuisance.


「I understand. When the ceremony is over I'll come to you」


I answered, dripping with cold sweat.

Since there was someone else waiting his turn behind me, I moved to the side.

I looked at Teles again, but her face turned red again and now is in the middle of a delusion.


「Cain. Even I didn't know you were involved in that kind of thing」


Even Garm has a dumbfounded look on his face.


「The other day when I was out with mother and Reine-ane-sama shopping, I met an acquaintance who had come to the debut party in Grace territory, and that person happened to be from a company. So I consulted with them and I had them do it. I still have a couple more so I'll give you one later」


「Magic, sword techniques, item box, and now a business? Good grief.  Well done」


「Along with the appointment of the baron rank, I was given a salary, however, I thought it might not be enough if it were to include the maintenance of the house that I was given, that's why I thought about doing business. Besides, not having credibility, I couldn't do business, so I thought I could sell my idea and get some fee」


「Okay, I understand. You have been conferred with a rank, and now you are a splendid noble, Cain. Indeed, now it's time for you to have some responsibility for yourself. I plan on chatting around, so try to act like a child for once and go chat with the other kids」


「Cain, try not to fall for any weird kid's trap, okay~?」


With that, Garm and Sara went away.


I'm finally free. Let's try to gather information from now on.

Cain walked towards a group of children.

-------------------------------------------

I started a patreon, there won't be any extra chapters or anything like that for now. Only support me if you can, and of course, regardless of that, the chapters will still come out.


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chapter XD

    Btw, can you please add chapter links to the chapters to make reading easier? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Error?
    Be careful enough. -> Be careful though,

    margrave Garm von Silford, and Gracia third son. -> Margrave Garm von Silford Gracia third son. (When a noble granted a fief, the name of fief will attached as part of the last name)

    Her Majesty, Princess Telestia says -> Her Highness, Princess Telestia says

    Thanks and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chapter. Looking forward to next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you change the background color to black and the font to white and make it bigger, is really tiring for the eyes right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the release. dunno , if mistake , but With a bright red face, she was holding down both cheeks with his hands while wiggling. (maybe be better replace his wich her ?

    ReplyDelete

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 46

  Volume 2  - Boyhood Chapter 16 - The three adventurers The three got into the carriage and headed to Illustin Federation. 「I still can'...