Sunday, August 2, 2020

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 22

Chapter 22 - Mansion

His Majesty wanted to summon me at the castle. It's still early in the morning.

The messenger told me I should go to the castle immediately.

Normally you'd have some time to prepare once you were called, right? But it seems that the messenger was told to say "Don't worry about small details and come at once" by His Majesty.

Having no other choice, I got into the messenger's carriage and departed to the castle.

After being guided to the castle, I sat down in the usual reception room and waited.

I was served the same tea as always, yet it was still delicious. Should I make a couple of sweets as a thank you for the next time I come?

After a while, His Majesty and the Prime Minister entered the room

I quickly stood up from the chair and bowed.


「Cain, I kept you waiting, I had to accompany an annoying guy. It wasn't easy to get out-ja」


「Since I was able to have a delicious tea, I had a good time」


His Majesty took his usual seat, and the Prime Minister sat down next to him.


「First of all, the house that will be handed over to you has already been decided. Originally, it was owned by a Viscount family, but since they committed one crime after another such as tax evasion, embezzlement, kidnapping, and slavery, they demolished it and confiscated it all. Now the house is in the control of the royal family. So when I decided to give you the house, that Golgino guy kept pestering me and as such, it took a long time」


That Marquis Golgino again? Such a troublesome son and parent.


「But well, since I had made my mind, there was no problem. The place where it is located will be convenient for you, as the school you will attend and the castle will be close by-ja. You can later get a map from Magna. Now we're done with our business. Then, let's do it」


His Majesty says so as he puts the reversi on the table.


「Eric's pretty strong guy, so if I play with the creator, which is you, I'll get a little stronger too, won't I-jaro?」


His Majesty is completely hooked.

We started stealing each other's chips, one after the other.


「Ah, if you put it there, I'll steal the corner. Look」


「Aah!!! You!!! Show some mercy to your King!」


「Your Majesty, didn't you want to get experience so you could become a little stronger?」


「Muu. Then, here-ja!」


The King and a five-year-old boy are having a serious game of reversi. Prime Minister Magna sighed as he watched them.

After playing almost two hours of Reversi, His Majesty left the place saying he had another meeting to attend.


「Cain-dono, sorry about His Majesty. These are the map and key to the mansion. The butler's position is being advertised now, so I'll let you know when it's been decided. I'll dispatch a few young maids from the castle. But first let me apologize, after all, the previous person's furniture was left behind but you can do whatever you want with it」


「Thank you, Prime Minister Magna. Is it perhaps big enough to need butlers and maids?」


「It's not as big as the Margrave Garm's mansion, but it has a good size. It's important to hire people when you become a nobleman. After all, you have to spend money to keep the economy going.  Well, I suppose there's no point in talking about it now to a five-year-old. I'm sure you'll be called upon by His Majesty to keep him company again. When that happens, I'm entrusting you with it, please」


「I understand, Prime Minister Magna. I'm grateful for the mansion」


Since I still have plenty of time, I refused the carriage when I left the castle and began to walk through the aristocratic district. The mansion I received is closer to the commoners' district than the aristocratics'. In the center of the royal capital of Esfort are the royal castle and the aristocratic district, while around it are the commercial districts and the commoners' district. The school is located between the aristocratic's district and the commoners' district, so you can go to it from either side.


「This place is bigger than I thought it would be」


In front of me was a two-story western-style house built in the middle of a 100-square-meter plot of land.

The building is shaped like a concave and has an entrance in the middle.

As I walk through the garden, I unlock the door and enter. As there is no light, the only light that comes in is the sun through the window.

 『Light ball』

A ball of light emerges from my hand and brightens the surroundings.


「Although all the fancy decorations were confiscated, I prefer this way, after all, simple is best」


The building had a stairwell in front of the door while the dining room and kitchen were on the right. On the left side was a hall big enough for holding a party and a reception room. Of course, since it was a nobleman's house, there was also a bathroom.

Going upstairs, there were several rooms on both sides, one could have a clear view of the master bedroom to the guest room.


「I wonder if I can handle this big house all by myself? Should I start cleaning a little?」


I knead magic power covering the whole building with it.


「Building cleaning」


The building is being completely cleaned up little by little. The stains on the walls and all the dirty spots on the carpets have been removed.


『Building Repair』


Starting from the old parts of the building, everything becomes new.

The building became completely new.


「It should be okay now, right? It should be okay if I consult what to do with the rest with the new butler when this comes in」


As I looked here and there, I made the necessary renovations with magic. It's my house, so it shouldn't be a problem.  If I start to really live here, then I should add a security system too.


Once I was satisfied with the house, I went outside, locked the door, and returned to Garm's residence.


「Welcome back, Cain-sama」


「I'm home, I just returned. That reminds me, Sylvia, could I have a word with you?」


「Yes, certainly」


Silvia answers with a smile as usual.


「I just came from seeing the mansion His Majesty granted me. It's smaller than this mansion, but it's big enough. I'm sure the Prime Minister will arrange a butler and maids, but I thought it would be best if Silvia could come with me to my mansion. Of course, I'll have to confirm it with father first」


Silvia nodded with tears in her eyes.


「Of course I will follow Cain-sama. After all, it's my job to take care of Cain-sama. If you hadn't taken me with you, I was about to quit my job and follow you, Cain-sama」


Silvia replies with confidence. Yup. That's pretty much it. As expected, being a five year old boy, it's still too early for me to feel lust.


「I'll talk to father at dinner. But for now, I'm tired, so I'll be in my room resting」


Saying so, Cain went back to his room.



 ◇◇◇


It was time for dinner, so everyone started eating.


「Cain, has something happened to make His Majesty call you?」


Garm asks.


「The mansion I was to be given had been decided, so I was handed over the keys. After that, I had to accompany His Majesty in the reversi. And after that, as I had time I went to see the mansion I had received」


「...So, reversi? Yesterday I had to accompany His Majesty too. He even said that Duke Eric was too strong. So you've finally become independent too, Cain, huh? What are you gonna do about the butler and the maids?」


「It seems that Prime Minister Magna will arrange it. As for the butler, he said the post it's currently being advertised」


「Indeed, having a butler is important, after all, it's their job to protect your home while you're away」


「I have a favor to ask, it's about Silvia. So far she's been my personal maid, so I'd like to take her with me」


「Umu. That's fine. She's been looking after you since the moment you were born. After all, It's better to at least know someone than being surrounded by strangers」


「Thank you, father」


「Garm-sama, allow me to thank you as well. Thank you for allowing me to serve Cain-sama since he was born. I will continue to serve Cain-sama with all my might」


Silvia bows her head and thanks him.


「Silvia, you taught me how to write among other things from the time I was three years old, and that's why I'm here now. Let's do our best together」


Cain thanks Silvia.


「Cain-kun, are you goingー? It'll be lonely without you here」


Reine was saddened to hear the conversation I had with father.


「Reine-neesama, it's not that far from here, so we'll be able to meet whenever you want. Besides, once I move in, you can come to see the mansion」


「That's right! If I want to see you, I'll go to see you」




A week later, I ended up moving.

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chapter XD

    Aww... he got the maid... so 5 is too young... but when he's older *nosebleed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maid,Princess,Duchess and two adventurers. One is an elf.

      Delete
  2. 「I understand, Prime Minister Magna. I'm grateful for the masion」

    masion ~> mansion

    Thanks for the chapter~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just noticed this was picked up. Thanks!! 🙂Thanks for the Chapter!!! Lookin forward to the next Update!🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for picking this up! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the chapter !

    But I need to point out that 100-square-meter = 10m x 10m. It is hard to name the 100 sq.m, house as "Big"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you say it, that's smaller than my house and a lot of apartments

      Delete
    2. well, the author most prob. means 100×100m, i remember he did sth. comparable with the space of the bags which was described as 30m square but should be cubic

      Delete
  6. I know I'm quite late but isn't his age fluctuating a bit one moment he's 5 then he's 10 then he's 5 again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was baptized when he was 5 years old. Then he trained for 5 years with those two adventurers. I'm not sure if I'm correct but this is what I think is right. Ten years is what the right age for students in academy. So I think he's ten years old now.

      Delete
    2. I think they change Cain's age in manga because it would be too boring if the mc is so young

      Delete
    3. that does explain it, i was wondering why there was a difference and whether it was a typo or not.

      Delete
    4. Cain got 5 years old when he rescue the princess and Silk also got 5 when he was named baron i think that the author got a mistake because in the japanese webnovel got the same error between 5 and 10 years old

      Delete
    5. In the Anime he is 5 when he is baptized gets training from the adventurers and then at 10 he heads to the capital for the coming out party. But from what others have said in the original Light Novels he only had a few months of training and almost all of this happened at age five. However, the Manga matched the anime from what others have said. It sounds like source material is getting mismatched.

      Delete

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 46

  Volume 2  - Boyhood Chapter 16 - The three adventurers The three got into the carriage and headed to Illustin Federation. 「I still can'...