Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 26

 Chapter 26 - Home Debut Party 3

The debut party was coming to an end.

The more alcohol you offer, the more they'll want to go to the bathroom.

This mansion's toilet is very special. Because it has installed a shower flush.

Sure enough, a voice came out. I left a maid waiting nearby to explain and convince them.

It seems to be popular with the ladies. Well, the men didn't get much of a chance to use it so far.


「Baron Cain, what is that! I want that!」



It was the Queen who suddenly grabbed Cain by the shoulders and asked him.


「It's a toilet with a shower flush, my Queen. It's a prototype with a magic stone-built in」


Cain answers straightforwardly.  The only places so far where they were installed are in this mansion and the mansion of Garm.

I had no choice but to install it thereafter, after all, Sara and Reine came to ask me.

When I installed it in the maids' bathroom too, the maids cried with joy.

I wonder if it's something to cry about?


「Start commercializing it right away! That thing it's revolutionary. It's something everyone needs!」


The Queen was excited.


「What happened? For you to be so excited...」


His Majesty joined us.


「It's not something I can put into words. You need to go into the bathroom and experience it yourself. What's in there is what I was asking him to install right away」


「Umu... I don't quite understand, but it looks like I'll have to go in there myself」


The King was led to the bathroom.

He returned a few minutes later. His face was red and he seemed to be in a good mood.


「Listen to me, Cain! I want that installed in the castle by tomorrow at the latest! Do you understand!!!?」


He had the exact same reaction.

By the way, Telestia and Silk both had the same reaction. The figure of the two of them shyly saying such a thing was very cute.


「I understand. It's still a prototype, but I'll have the spare ones installed in the castle as soon as possible」


「Seriously, Cain has gone way beyond anything I could have imagined」


His Majesty and the Queen were in a very good mood when they heard that it was going to be installed in the castle.




The debut party was over, and the visitors went home with two cups as souvenirs.

All the guest were happy to hear about such a thing.

It was the same cup they used earlier. In fact, all the guest wished they could buy a pair to take home, but because all the glasses were used for the party, I told them that they could buy them after they were presented to the royal family.

After hearing that they could buy them later, all the nobles left completely satisfied.

The ladies were more interested in the toilet than in the glasess. I told them I planned to put them on sale once more prototypes were made. It's going to be hard to sell them on my own, so I thought about leaving them to that company again.



Then, all the guests left and I took a break.


「Thank you, father, for everything you've done. It all ended without a hitch」


I bowed my head towards Garm.


「I don't mind. You are my son after all. Now all the nobles should know your face. You'll have to do this sort of thing to some extent on your own in the future. But well, if it's you, Cain,  I have nothing to worry about. On the contrary, I'm worried that you're going to do too much」


「I plan to move forward carefully in the future」


Cain had no choice but to laugh bitterly. Not only did he not restrain himself at this party, but he even introduced articles from another world.

When he gave everyone who helped him with a silver coin as a bonus, they were overflowing with happiness.

Maids get a large silver coin by working for a whole month. They can't help but be happy when they receive a third of their monthly pay with only three days' work.

After all, I have to keep them working hard.



The day after the party, I went to the royal castle to install the toilets.

As I had a small amount, priority was given to the installation in the private spaces of the royal family.
 

I only used low-grade magic stones made from soil to built them and in exchange I got platinum coins as payment.

I still have with me the one I got when I became a Baron, so the coins keep piling up.


After installing the toilets and relaxing for a few days, I received another call from the royal castle.

A King who summons a Baron every time he wants to... As I laugh bitterly, I climb into my carriage and head for the royal castle.

Of course, in case something like this happened, I prepared ten sets of Venetian cups.

I wonder if it's enough for starting?

We were guided into the usual reception room and served delicious tea and sweets.

While I was thinking about how I was going to be forced to play reversi again, His Majesty and the Prime Minister came in.


「I kept you waiting. Thank you for your hard work the other day. I had a lot of fun, too. Even so, you've got your malicious side too. And yet you are only five years old. Last time you didn't even tell Gorgino I was there」


「No, no, it was my first party so I didn't notice such details. There wasn't any malice behind...」


「Well, let's leave it at that. Let me buy those glasses if they're ready」


「It's not much, but I've prepared about ten for you today. Here they are」


I arrange ten glasses on the table.

His Majesty takes one and looks at it.


「Umu. It's an excellent piece of work. Can this be made by someone other than you?」


「I use magic to make them, so it would be hard to say. Thanks to that, I ran out of magic and collapsed once」


「Umu. I see. Oh, well, I'll need you to send them periodically to the castle. As for the price... shall we say, one gold coin each? Ten pieces are one platinum coin-ja」


「Eeeeeh...」


I was surprised at such a large amount of money.


「What-ja? Dissatisfied? Then let's do it two gold coins per piece」


The only material that was used to make the glasses was magic and it didn't cost anything, and now it's become a platinum coin.


「No. A single gold coin is enough」


「Umu. That's good, now prepare them immediately」


His Majesty rang the bell that he had in his hand.

Immediately a knock sounded and a butler entered the room. When His Majesty spoke, he bowed his head and left.


「I told him to bring the money right away. Then I'll get to the main point」


It's reversi again?


「Cain, your swordsmanship and magic are top-notch, I can tell from the dragon that adorned that entrance. It takes a lot of skill to hunt it and leave it in such a clean state」


His Majesty looks at him sharply.


「Cain, you must regularly attend the training of the knights of the imperial guards and the court magicians. You shouldn't have anything to do now. Do you understand?」


The atmosphere that The King is emitting gives no room for rejection. Let's give up at once.


「...Yes. I understand...」


At the age of five it was decided that Cain would participate in the training of the knights of the imperial guards and the court magicians.


「And in return, I will grant you permission to read the books in the court magician's library. I've heard from Garm that you've been looking at books about magic since you were a child. I'm sure there's a lot of books you haven't seen there yet」


I'm really grateful. The books about magic in my house only went as far as the advanced level. I knew the principle of the super grade fire magic『#Hellfire prison_Inferno_#』 so I was able to imitate it. As for the others, there is no data for other super grades and above.


「I'm grateful! I'm really happy」


「What, you only act like a five years old child in a moment like that? You. That's not content a five-year-old would want to see」


It seemed it showed in my face.


「Also, Your Majesty, I wonder if it's okay if I ask you for something?」


Cain asks.


「As long as it's not too much, you can ask」


「I'm still a five years old child, so I cannot register as an adventurer.  I have with me some monsters that I defeated when I was in the territory of Gracia, but I can't sell them. Could the castle collect of the monsters I have with me?」


「We'll gladly take monster materials.  But we don't need low-grade materials like those of goblins. But there are many uses for a certain amount of materials if you have a lot of them, whether it's for distribution or for research」


It was Prime Minister Magna who answered.


「Umu. If it's just that, that's fine.  On the contrary, the royal family will benefit the most」


His Majesty agrees with me.


「Rather, they are in my item box so I can take it out at any time. Where should I place them?」


「In that case, the Imperial Knights' warehouse would be fine. It should be easier to transport them from there. I'll contact them」


That His Majesty and Prime Minister Magna have given me permission it's a big deal, and although the item box has no problem in terms of capacity, I don't feel like leaving them in there indefinitely.


「Umu. I'd like to play reversi today too...」


His Majesty is looking at the Prime Minister.


「You can't. We have a meeting today, and we don't have much time to spare」


His Majesty is depressed when he hears the Prime Minister's words.


「Then, it can't be helped. Cain, let's play some other day」


His Majesty rose from his seat and left the room.


「You can go straight to the Imperial Guard's station, I'll let them know right away」


The Prime Minister said so and followed the King.



Cain left the room and headed for the Imperial Guard's office.

Once he reported the matter he had to attend to at the gate, he entered and saw a familiar face.


「Oh, it's been a while, Baron Cain the Hero」


It was the vice leader of the Imperial Guards, Dime.

-----------------------------------------------

I started a patreon, there won't be any extra chapters or anything like that for now. Only support me if you can, and of course, regardless of that, the chapters will still come out.

 

15 comments:

  1. Just how much "some monsters" is he going to pull out? Thanks for the chapter, this is one of my favorite series....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad this is being translated! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chapter and the good quality of the translation! Wtf is Cain gonna become an instructor at the age of five? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why people dislike this story in the NU reviews, it's fun, I keep grinning from ear to ear while reading it because it's funny I can imagine the situation of a 5 year old acting like that and it makes me smile because it's ridiculous

    Oh well, thank you for the chapter!!! hope you keep translating this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the king: garm said youve been looking at books about magic since you were a child....... im pretty sure 5 years old is a child..... 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the chapter! So far, this pretty much feels like a harem version of "Wise Man's Grandchild" and "By the grace of the gods" combined (minus slime fanatic).

    Common sense chan is forgotten once more!

    ReplyDelete

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 46

  Volume 2  - Boyhood Chapter 16 - The three adventurers The three got into the carriage and headed to Illustin Federation. 「I still can'...