Saturday, August 22, 2020

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 28

 Chapter 28 -  A suddenly proposal!?

「I will marry you」

「「「「「EeeeeeeEEEEEEE!!!!???」」」」」

All the knights of the Imperial Guards were at loss for words. Of course, it was Cain who was most surprised.

While everyone was frozen, the captain of the Imperial Guards began to speak while blushing.

「I left my territory and came to the royal capital for no other reason than to find someone stronger than me. And now, I have found you」

 

She hugs Cain while saying so.

Cain, who had frozen from surprise, finally starts to move.

「Even if you tell me about getting married, I'm still five years old. Besides, I don't know a thing about you, the Knight Commander」

「You're certainly right. My name is Tifana von Liebelt. Daughter of Duke Liebert, the ruler of the North Woods. You don't have to worry about my age. I'm an elf, so my life expectancy is about 300 years. And my appearance will remain the same for the time being」

Just because you're an elf doesn't mean that a Duke's daughter can get married at their whim.

Although it hasn't been made public yet, Cain already has two fiancées. If this continues, his situation will get worse.

「I don't think it's right for a Duke's daughter to decide to marry on her own. Besides, I'm still five, so you'll have to discuss it with the Duke」

「When I left home, I told them I wouldn't return home until I found someone to marry, so everything it's okay」

「Even if you say that, you're troubling me. Not only do I need to talk to my father, but there are other people I need to consult with too」

Cain looks at the vice-commander, Dime. Dime knows that Cain is engaged to Her Higness the Princess and the Duke's daughter.

It was Dime who thought he should do something about this situation, but shook his head and looked resigned.

「I suppose you're right. I can't make this decision on my own, I'll have to talk to His Majesty first」

For Cain, that they should speak to His Majesty, is what worries him most. It's been a short time since His Majesty called him "Lady-killer", and to even think that if this gets out, it makes him shiver since he's sure he'll get some more small talk from His Majesty.

「I have some business to attend to today, so if you could excuse me... 「It's okay, I'll get right on that」 Eh!?」

「Dime, go and arrange for an audience with His Majesty now」

Cain begged Dime with his eyes, but he sighed and said, "I understand," and went to the castle.

◇◇◇

After a while, I sit in the usual reception room. I'm sitting in my usual seat, but sitting next to me is someone completely different from usual. It's because the Knight Commander is next to me.

His Majesty and the Prime Minister come into the room and take their usual seats in the middle.

「Cain, weren't you going to leave the materials where the Imperial Guards are?」

「Yes... I left them there already」

I nodded weakly.

Tifana, the Knight Commander, began to speak.

「Your Majesty, I intend to marry Baron Cain here」

She just dropped a bomb.

「「!!!!」」

His Majesty and the Prime Minister were speechless. Of course, Dime who is standing behind them sighs.

His Majesty looks at Cain with a stern face

「How did it happen? Cain. Try telling me」

Cain told him that after he went to take out the materials, he had a mock battle with a knight, after that, he was on the verge of having a mock battle with 30 knights when the Knight Commander appeared. And then he had a mock battle with the Knight Commander.

「And you are telling that you won against the Knight Commander..?  Cain, haven't you told her about Teles or Miss Silk?」

「That's still confidential, so I haven't told her」

Cain replies honestly.

「I knew the Knight Commander wanted to marry someone stronger than her, but I didn't expect it to be Cain」

His Majesty replies with a sigh.

「Cain, I think you've heard that the Knight Commander Tifana is the daughter of a Duke. However, Liebert's territory was originally the country of the elves-ja. Elves are good-looking, aren't they? That's why many times wars exploded with the purpose of kidnapping or enslaving them. That there is no discrimination against other races in the Kingdom of Esfort is due to the will of the founder. That's why they're now one of our territories. Even though he has the rank of a Duke, he's been granted autonomy for his territory, so it wouldn't be wrong to call it an independent state」

His Majesty continues.

「He's a Duke just in name. So think of her as a princess of a country. And that princess has asked you to marry her. Do you understand now? Cain」

Cain nodded honestly.

「Tifana-sama, this is still confidential, but I will tell you. You see, Cain here is already engaged to my Telestia and the daughter of Duke Erik, Miss Silk. Now that you've heard this, what do you plan to do?」

His Majesty said honestly. Cain looked down.

Tifana looked surprised to hear that Cain was already engaged to the princess and the Duke's daughter. Her face immediately tightened at His Majesty's sudden statement.

「That means he's such an outstanding talent that he's been recognized by His Majesty and the Duke. Now more and more I want to get married with him」

This time it was Cain who was shocked to hear those words.

「Wait a...」

Cain was about to ask her to stop when His Majesty went ahead and began to speak.

「I understand, I understand. Let's acknowledge your feelings. First of all, write a letter to Duke Lethan. This can wait until you have his permission. Understood?」

「I understand. I'll write it down right away. Now, if you'll excuse me」

With that said, Knight Commander Tifana and Vice Commander Dime walked out of the reception room.

「Well, it's about time I... 「Well, wait a second」...Yes, as expected, it came to this」

I was thinking of leaving the place with them when His Majesty stopped me.

「Don't you think it's necessary for us to have a small chat? Cain. You're not going home just like that, right?」

A silent pressure from His Majesty and Prime Minister Magna reached Cain.

「It all happened so suddenly, so I didn't really know what to do」

Cain answered honestly.

「Still, I didn't expect you to be able to defeat the Knight Commander who is said to hold the title of Sword Saint. After all, she is supposed to have a Lv.5 Sword Art and a Lv.5 Blessing of the Martial God. She's simply the strongest of all the knights in my country, that's why she's the Knight Commander. Now, do you understand what I'm trying to tell you?」

「...Maybe the Knight Commander Tifana was not feeling well...」

Cain was deceived, but His Majesty and Prime Minister were also swept away by the situation.

「Cain, who are you really-ja?」

Your Majesty asked me frankly.

「I'm Garm's third son, I'm not?」

As he calmed down, Cain responded.

「Fumu. I'll let it slide for now. Cain, do you intend to do any harm to this country?」

His Majesty looks at him seriously.

「I don't have that intention. His Majesty made me a Baron and recognized me as the fiancé of Princess Telestia and Miss Silk. I plan to do my best for this country and I have no desire to harm it」

Cain earnestly looked at his Majesty and replied.

At that moment, His Majesty's face relaxed.

「Umu. I understand. I'll inform Teles and Miss Silk on my end, after all, the engagement hasn't been confirmed yet」

「I understand. Thank you very much. Then, if you'll excuse me.」

Cain bowed and then left the room.

Just when he thought about getting in the carriage and going home, it occurred to him that he should inform Garm of what just happened or he would have a hard time later, so he headed for Garm's villa.

As soon as he arrived at the mansion, he headed to Garm's study.

「What!!!!!! Tifana the Knight Commander proposed to you, you said!?」

Garm's surprised voice echoed in the mansion.

「...Yes. It happened after I had a mock battle with her. His Majesty and the Prime Minister already know it」

The only thing Garm could do was to hold his head.

Cain was already engaged with Her Highness the Princess and the Duke's daughter.

And now, the Duke's daughter, who is one of the most important people in the Elven territory and is one of the strongest knights in this country, wants to be Cain's wife.

It wasn't something Garm could handle anymore. It's true that Garm is a Margrave which is considered a high-ranking nobleman.

However, Her Highness the Princess belongs to the royal family and the other to a Duke's family and both are higher in rank than the Silford family.

And if he had to go on, Cain is now independent and a lower-class noble.

「I ended up with a headache now. That's enough for today」

Garm broke down.

「Then, please excuse me. If anything else happens, I'll come and report it to you」

With that said, Cain left the room.

「Seriously, I wonder why my Cain ended like that?」

It was Garm who was muttering to himself.

20 comments:

  1. Can we petition to change Cain's age to ten years old due to it being too unrealistic for a five year old to be that acknowledged as a competent adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cain's age is ten on the LN & manga version since some of the information were edited by the author.

      Delete
    2. yes, he was 5 when he got the two adventurer ladies as teachers
      he took 3 years to train with them
      then he hunted in the forest for 2 years

      so he became baron at 10 in the manga
      which barely makes more sense

      in the webnovel, all of that happen in the single year of his 5 years, which is a bit too much

      Delete
    3. i mean, what was I doing in my 5 years? i was probably eating glue and shoving crayons inside my nostrils

      Delete
    4. I don't think that will work well, besides, some chapters ahead, we'll have a timeskip and after that he'll be 10.

      Delete
    5. Well considering that he has all level 10 blessings it would be pretty weird if he took 3 years to train, and moreover a quest of 3 years for an adventure is too long, it should probably be 3 months. Considering that the timeline makes sense and his personality is of a 20 years old adult in 5 years old boy's body so social norms don't work on him.

      Delete
    6. None of his abilities would be "realistic " at any age. Even in real life age doesn't equal ability. I've seen adults who behave worse then kindergarten age

      Delete
    7. Don't forget that he Is a reincarnated he has 12 years old when died and he got the memories from that too

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the chapter. I will agree slightly with the above comment about Cain's age being odd; but thats probably the reason why he got aged up in the manga version

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gods really did too much, didn’t they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well... really later on there is talk of an evil god potentially showing up, so Cain is more like a security measure put in place just in case

      Delete
    2. So what you’re saying is: they want him to reach the power realm of the gods?

      Delete
  4. Cain, I'm jealous. Makes me wish reincarnation was real. Thanks for the chapter. Out of curiosity, is there a schedule on the chapter releases that maybe I missed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm auto editing this in my head already. Wasn't there some talk of this in an earlier chapter note?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm confused now. I never bothered about the age because it was said he was 5 in LN and 10 in Manga. Which is which?

    Thanks for the chapter Translator-San!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the WN he's five, however it was changed to 10 in the manga version. But, later on in the Web Novel there'll be a time skip and after that he'll be 10.

      Delete
  7. i was turning over dog turd with stick when i was 5

    ReplyDelete
  8. On this episode of "To Catch a Predator"

    ReplyDelete

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 46

  Volume 2  - Boyhood Chapter 16 - The three adventurers The three got into the carriage and headed to Illustin Federation. 「I still can'...