Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 29

Chapter 29 - Confession

I'm in the reception room of the royal castle.

Sitting around the table starting with King Rex at the head of the table, are Duke Eric, Prime Minister Magna, Vice Knight Commander Dime, and Margrave Garm.

「So, Dime. How was the battle between Knight Commander Tifana and Cain?」

King Rex starts talking and asks Dime.

「Yes. It's true that the Knight Commander was only fighting with physical strengthening until the first half, but starting in the next half of the battle, she began to use her signature wind skill and wielded even faster sword techniques, but still, Cain-dono was able to handle them with ease」

King Rex sighed.

「Only five years old... and yet he has that much strength? I don't know what will happen. ――Garm, isn't he your child-ja? What do you think?」

「He's snuck out of his room many times in secret to go hunting in the forest of monsters. Also, the red dragon he has placed in the hall seems to have been hunted by him alone, and as you might expect, seeing that, I almost fainted from fear」

Everyone nodded.

「That's an SS-rank monster, and it's unthinkable that a child can take it down by himself」

King Rex feels the same way.

Dime begins to speak as he remembers.

「That reminds me, I asked Cain-dono, 'are you a hero or an apostle of God?' and after hearing my question his body reacted」

「「「What!!!!」」」

Everyone is surprised.

「H-He may be a hero or an apostle-sama!?」

「The other day I asked Cain to show me his status, but he refused. Maybe there's something there」

Garm also says as he recalls.

「We can try that method. We'll know once we show him 『That』」

Prime Minister Magna begins to speak.

「『That』, huh...? We might be able to find out if he's a hero by showing it to him」

King Rex nodded.

「Go get Cain right away, I'll take care of preparing that」

◇◇◇

Sitting around the table starting with King Rex at the head of the table, are Duke Eric, Prime Minister Magna, Vice Knight Commander Dime and Margrave Garm.  In the middle sits Cain.

「Your Majesty, I have come according to your invitation. Even my father is here as well? How are you all today? If it's about the glass, it's not ready yet, so I'd appreciate it if you could wait a little longer」

Cain was getting used to appearing in front of the prominent faces of the country because of all the recent meetings he had these days.

「Cain, I have something I want you to see.  Magna, bring that」

Prime Minister Magna brought with him something carefully wrapped, and inside it, there was a book.

On the cover was written 『Imperial Grade Magic Book』.

「This Imperial Grade Magic Book has been passed down in the royal family. It is said to have been written by the founder-sama and has since been careful preserved-ja」

His Majesty explained.

「An imperial grade magic book!? Are you sure you can show me this?」

When I had a chance to look at the books in the Imperial Court's magicians' library, there were only magic books up to the super grade.

Not only was it the first time he had seen a book that surpassed the super grade book, but that same book was placed in front of him, so there was no way he wouldn't be interested in it.

「Umu, Cain, you can have a look」

Saying that, he presents me the book.

As I turned over the pages, I found written the names and effects of the imperial grade magic. In Japanese.

Cain had forgotten that it was a book about a new type of magic. The fact that it was written in Japanese and that he could read it was strange.

「ーAs expected, it was like that...」

King Rex mutters. Everyone else is silent.

Cain lifts his eyes from the book, looks at His Majesty, and tilts his head.

「About that book, Cain, we can't read it. Do you know why?」

Cain takes another look at the book.

He can indeed read it, after all, the content is written in Japanese.

「Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!」

Cain seemed to understand.

As it is, Cain fell off the chair and has his hands pressed against the floor.

「Cain, sit down first. That's a book left by the founder-sama-ja. I know it's written in 『Japanese』and is known as the 『Imperial Grade Magic Book』 because of legends that have been passed down for generations, however, no one can read what's inside」

Cain sits back in his chair with a resigned look on his face.

「Cain, I will ask again. Who are you-ja?」

His Majesty looks straight into Cain's eyes. So is Garm.

「ーI understand... I'll be honest. However, could you keep what we talk about here between us?」

Cain replied, resignedly.

Everyone nodded.

「I am truly Garm's son. I'm certain of that. However, I have memories of my previous life but they're from a different world. I came from that different worldー From the same world the founder came from. That country is called 『Japan』」

「「「「……」」」」

A little of silence dominates the room.

「I knew you weren't a normal five-year-old, but I didn't expect the fact that you have the memories of the same place the founder-sama came from」

Your Majesty is convinced.

「A-are you truly my and Sara's child? Are you sure about that?」

Garm asks with concern.

「Yes, I'm sure of that. I was told by the God of Life, Lime, at my baptism when I was five years old」

「「「You've met God!?」」」

Everyone was surprised. Usually, meeting a God is not a possible thing. Even in churches, the Saint class only receives oracles but never met one.

Cain starts to explain while regretting that he screwed up again.

「...Yes. At the time of the baptism and worship time. I've also met the seven Gods」

Cain speaks honestly since he's almost exposed everything.

「The seven Gods, huh...? Is that why you said you couldn't show your status to Garm?

His Majesty asks.

「Yes, that's part of the reason  I couldn't show you all my titles, skills, and my blessings」

「Then, could we take another look at it? We'll keep it between us, of course.」

「...I understand」

Cain started to chant the magic as if he'd given up.

『Status Open』

『Status』

【Name】Cain von Silford.

【Race】Human race 【Gender】Male 【Age】Five

【Titles】Margrave's third son / Reincarnated person / Apostle of the gods /  Natural enemy of the forest of monsters / Nature destroyer / Dragon Slayer / One who has received the favor of the gods

【Level】298

【Stamina】5,857,240/5,857,240

【Mana】102,643,240/102,643,240

【Skill】SSS

 ーStrength SSS

 ーStamina SSS

 ーIntelligence SSS

 ーAgility SSS

 ーMagic power SSS

【Magic】

 Creation Magic Lv.10

 Fire Magic Lv.10

 Wind Magic Lv.10

 Water Magic Lv.10

 Earth Magic Lv.10

 Light Magic Lv.10

 Dark Magic Lv.10

 Space-time Magic Lv.10

 Livelihood  magic

 Compound Magic

【Skills】

 Appraisal Lv.10

 Item Box Lv.10

 Martial Arts Lv.10

 Body skills Lv.10

 Physical Resistance  Lv.10

 Magical Resistance Lv.10

【Blessings】

 Blessing of the God of Creation Lv.10

 Blessing of the God of Life Lv.10

Blessing of the Magic God Lv.10

Blessing of the Earth God Lv.10

 Blessing of the God of War Lv.10

 Blessing of the God of Skill Lv.10

Blessing of the God of Commerce Lv.10

「「「「……」」」」

Everyone was speechless when they saw my status. Time passed without anyone saying a word.

A few minutes later, the first person to move was King Rex

「To think that there were higher blessings than Lv5. Cain, what is written there is the truth? If it is true, all the people of this country, no, not only the people of this country but everyone in this world should kneel before you. Of course, even I, the king, as well-ja. When it comes to the apostles of the Gods, they are higher than anyone-ja」

King Rex says without force.

「Your Majesty, if possible, I'd like everything to continue as usual. Not only I'm Garm's son, but I'm a five-year-old child」

If it were possible, Cain would have liked his relationships to continue as they have been.

「...I see, thank you. I think I now understand why you are always doing something out of ordinary」

King Rex was satisfied.

「Will you help this country if something happens in the future?」

King Rex looked straight at Cain.

「I am a Baron of the Kingdom of Esfort. I like this country, and not only do I have my family here, but Princess Telestia and Miss Silk are here. Though I need to correct my mistakes and not overdo everything」

Cain answers honestly.

King Rex sighs with relief.

「Properly speaking, I should have promoted you to Duke, but this is a secret. Besides, if I were to promote you in one bound, it would raise unwanted suspicions. When the time is right, you will be promoted little by little, so keep that in mind. After all, there will always some annoying guys who will find faults with you just because you're a Baron」

Cain smiles bitterly as he remembers Marquis Golgino.

「I won't allow anyone present to talk about what happened today. No matter who it is, even if it's Cain's family. Do you all understand?」

Everyone swore at the strict order of King Rex.

「I was sad when you told me you couldn't show me your status, but when I saw it, I could understand why. Cain, I'm sorry」

Garm also looks at me with a smile.

The day Cain's secret was revealed was at the age of five.

15 comments:

  1. This is the wn version right?
    How old was Cain in comparison in ln version and the manga version. I mean remembering he's five years old in here, which I think very bizzare in itself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember right, the manga added 5 years and made him 10.

      Delete
    2. He is following Simpson time. 25 years of time and Bart is still 10

      Delete
    3. The different translators keep changing his age he is supposed to be five when his tutors arrive and ten when they leave

      Delete
    4. In the manga he is currently 12

      Delete
    5. Where do u guys read manga at?

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    7. At WN (unpocessed initial version) he is still 5 yo, he got his baptism we turned to 5 and studied with tutors for some weeks/months until ceremony at capital.

      For LN author edited story to have ceremony at capital at 10yo and made 5 years of study under tutors. And mnga is following this story, not WN

      Delete
    8. Any recomendation where to read the light noveĺ? Tanx

      Delete
  2. 🙂Thanks for the Chapter!!! Lookin forward to the next Update!🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you fin the LN of this ?

    ReplyDelete

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 46

  Volume 2  - Boyhood Chapter 16 - The three adventurers The three got into the carriage and headed to Illustin Federation. 「I still can'...