Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 31

Volume 2  - Boyhood

Chapter 1 - Adventurer Registration

Cain turned ten. He had grown to about 150cm in height, his silver hair was beautifully arranged, and with a similar appearance to his mother, he had become a quite handsome boy.

「At last I can register as an adventurer!」

Cain murmured with the best smile he could give.

「You're going to register as an adventurer right now, aren't you?」

It was Silvia who approached Cain. Silvia seemed to have grown up quite a bit.

Silvia started working as a maid at the age of 12, from the moment Cain was born, so it would be 10 years since she is working.

「Yeah. That's right! I was looking forward to it」

I'm wearing leather armor and I have a sword on my waist.

「Please, be careful. Although I know it would be impossible for someone to defeat you」

Silvia knows how strong Cain is, after all, she has seen very well how Cain trained at the training site he built in the yard of his house. The first time she saw him, she was so surprised that she fell to her knees

「I'll do my best!!」

Cain waves his hand to Silvia, passed through the gate, and headed towards the city.

The Adventurer's Guild is located near the outer wall.

It would be troublesome for anyone to carry all the monster materials directly to the royal capital, so the guild it's installed near the outer wall in every city.

As we walked through the city, we passed through a lively street lined with shops and stalls.

On my way, I bought a skewer and ate it while walking.

The Adventurer's Guild which can be found in every city has as its signboard a sword and shield interlocked.

The guild was located on the main street, so I found it immediately and opened the door to enter. As expected from the guild of the royal capital, its building was larger than any in the territory of Gracia.

There were about ten receptions lined up in front, a lot more than in Gracia, and the drinking area on the left side was also lively.

I waited for my turn at one of the available reception desks. As expected, most of the adventurers standing in line are adults with very robust bodies.

「Oh, have you come to register as an adventurer, boy? Do your best!」

A red-haired swordsman standing in front of me called out to me.

「Yes! Now that I am ten years old, I can finally register as an adventurer」

Since he seems to be a nice guy I answered honestly.

「I see, I see, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should overdo it, after all, you only have one life」

After patting Cain's head, he smiled at him and immediately went to the counter once his name was called.

「I feel like I saw him somewhere」

I felt like I saw a similar person somewhere in my memory, but once it was my turn I completely forgot about it.

When I went to the reception desk, a beautiful human woman in her twenties was sitting there. One of the many reasons why the Adventurer's Guild is famous is because they employ many beautiful women as receptionists. However, I have heard that they rarely accept when they are invited for a date.

「Nice to meet you, this is the Adventurer's Guild Royal Capital Headquarters. What can I do for you today?」

The receptionist answers politely.

「Yes! Now that I've turned ten, I've come to register as an adventurer」

「Then, please fill out this form with all the required information. Do you want me to write it for you?」

「I know how to write, so it's okay. Thank you」

Saying so, I received the form to fill out.

Even if the other party is a child, she is a receptionist who treats children in a respectful manner.

It is inevitable that I must use my name as a nobleman when I fill out the form.

I fill in the name box with Cain and write as special skills, sword skills, and magic. In age, of course, ten years old. It seems that you only need to fill out the form with the minimum and necessary information.

「It's done. Here it is」

「Yes, everything is alright. Now, could you put a drop of blood on this crystal? That way, your magic power will be recorded on the card」

Cain pricked his finger with the needle that was given to him and dropped a drop of blood just as he had been told. The crystal shone for a moment and then a card emerged from under the device. It's an iron-colored card.

「This will be your guild card. When you put magic into it, your name and rank will appear on the card. The material of the card will also change as your rank goes up, so please do your best. You will start first with the rank G. So, do you need an explanation about adventurers?」

「Yes! Please」

I asked Millie and Nina a little bit about it when I was in Gracia territory, but I didn't ask them in detail. I wonder if they are in good spirits these days those two? Let's figure that out with 『Transportation』 next time.  

「Adventurers are divided into ranks, starting with G. Then, the final rank is SSS. As for the SSS, there has only been one person so far. That person was the founder of this country three hundred years ago, King Yuya. G to F ranks are iron cards, E to D ranks are bronze cards, C to B ranks are silver cards, A ranks are gold cards, and starting with the S are platinum cards.  It is said that the SSS card of the first king was black. We do not make public announcements regarding promotions, because the guild itself has its own way of judging」

Cain is convinced that the founder was strong, after all, to be called a hero you need to be strong enough.

「There are three types of requests: recurring requests, designated requests, and emergency requests, but in general most will be recurring ones. However, in the event that a client nominates someone, the guild will judge the request and then pass it on to the nominated person. As for emergency requests, for example, in the past, there were about floods of monsters, among other things. The guild is neutral when it comes to wars with other countries, so please use your own judgment at that time」

The receptionist kindly teaches me everything there is to know.

「For recurring requests, there is a bulletin board on the right side of the entrance with requests placed for each rank, so please remove the request and bring it to the reception desk. However, one thing to keep in mind with the recurring request is that regardless of whether you have accepted it, as long as you can deliver the material it will be considered as completed. Most of those requests are mainly about defeating goblins and the like. Also, there are cases in which you can take requests alone and others in which a party is required. If you want to form a party, please register with the guild. By doing so, guild points will be assigned to the people registered. Please note that the guild will not interfere in any conflict between adventurers. Although in the event that one is involved in a serious crime, the guild will get involved. That's all for the explanation, if there is anything you don't understand, please feel free to ask me at any time」

「Thank you so much for being so polite, onee-san!」

Cain also bowed politely and thanked her.

Since I didn't know the name of the receptionist yet, I had no choice but to call her onee-san.

「Ah, I'm sorry. My name is Letia, a receptionist who works at the headquarters of the royal capital. Nice to meet you, Cain-sama」

「Adding '-sama', such a thing is...  I'm only ten years old yet, so '-kun' is enough」

「Is that so? Then, Cain-kun, please do your best from now on. Please take care of your life」

The receptionist, Letia-san, smiles at me.

「Yes! I'll do my best」

Cain replied with an honest smile.

They were both smiling at each other when suddenly a voice came from behind.

「Hey hey hey, Letia, since when did your taste change to kids? Come on, leave this brat alone and keep us company, we'll make you enjoy all night. Even so, he's really a kid. Go help around your house or something, but go away. This is not a place a brat like you can come to」

Letia-san's face changed to a face of disgust

As I turned around, I saw a group formed by three boorish adventurers. One of them suddenly tried to kick Cain. However, by only moving half a step, Cain evades it.

I never expected to run into such a template-like situation all of a sudden. After all, even that red-haired adventurer was a good guy.

「Hey, this brat dares to dodge a grow-up attack! This cheeky brat! It seems that he needs some education」

The other one suddenly came to attack me too. However, by just sliding my face I was able to avoid that attack too. Since I have only received attacks so far, I clench my fists and prepare to counterattack.

「Heey! You guys! What the hell are you doing?? And especially against a child! If you want an opponent so badly, I'd be glad to step in」

When I turned around, that red-haired onii-san that called out to me before was there.

「Gee. It's Claude of Ice-Flame!」

One of them muttered.

「Kee, you've ruined my mood, I have enough of this, you guys, we are going. You too brat, remember this!」

With that, the trio walked out of the guild.

Cain unclenched his clenched fists.

「Claude-sama, thank you」

The receptionist, Letia-san, thanked the red-haired onii-san.

「Claude-san? Thank you」

Cain also thanked him.

「I stopped them for those guys' sake. You're strong, aren't you, boy? I can tell by the way you moved before. What's your name?」

It seems he saw me dodging the attacks.

「I'm called Cain. What's that ice-flame thing they were talking about earlier?」

「I see, I see, I'm Claude, and the Ice-Flame thing is our party name. I work as an adventurer together with my wife. My wife will be here in a little while, so come join us for a drink, oh, you're still a kid, so juice will do!」

That way, Claude grabbed Cain by the shoulders and took him with him to the drink area in the back. After ordering a drink, Claude speaks to him.

「Cain, as I said before, you train a lot, don't you? There was no waste in your movements. That's something you can't pull off without a lot of practice」

Claude starts to question me.

「I've been training since I was a kid, also I had a tutor who taught me everything about being an adventurer」

Cain also answers honestly.

「I see, I see, If it's you, Cain, I'm sure you'll be able to rise pretty high in ranks once you grow up, so do your best!」

As he says this, we hit each other beer mugs that have just been brought to us.

「Cheers for our good meeting!」

And then he gulped down his mug.

Of course, what was in Cain's mug was fruit juice,

I asked Claude about his stories as an adventurer, and each one of them was very informative. It seems that his party is made up of two people, Claude, a swordsman who uses flames and his wife, proficient in ice magic. That's how they came to be called Ice Flame, and later they decided to use that nickname as their party name. Moreover, I was surprised to hear that they were a gold rank party.

As the two of us were talking, I suddenly heard a voice from behind me.

「Just when I thought you weren't here, I find you in this place!!! And moreover, you brought a child with you!!!」

Standing behind Claude was a woman in a white robe with a tied-up blue hair that went all the way up to her chest.

「Oh. Lina, you came at last. Cain, she's my wife, Lina! Get along please」

Claude was in high spirits because of all the alcohol that entered his system.

「Don't say 'you came at last' to me! I went to see what kind of request there was and I find you drinking here!」

Lina, on the contrary, is angry.

Cain stands up and bows his head.

「I'm Cain. When I went to register as an adventurer I was surrounded by some people and Claude helped me. And I've been listening to his stories as an adventurer until now. I'm sorry」

Cain lowers his head again.

「Hmm. So that's what happened. Cain-kun, you said? I think I heard that name somewhere...」

Lina tilted her head to the side and began to think.

「Well, it doesn't matter. Hey, Claude! We'd better get going」

Then she smacked Claude on the head with the staff she was holding.

「It huuuurts. Please Lina, give me a breakー I have to go then, so Cain, see you later!」

He drank the contents of the mug he was holding and stood up.

「Thank you very much!」

Cain also said goodbye to the lively Claude.

Claude walked towards the request board with his hands up in the air as he walked.

「Ah, that's right, I was going to look for some request too」

Cain also gulped down the remaining juice before running to the request board.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for update, hopefully u can upload more chapter regularly. Thanks for your hard work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider editing:
    You can tell by the way you moved before. -> I can tell by the way you moved before.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He’s gonna somehow save them in a couple chapters, isn’t he...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not in a couple chapters, but further down the line, yes :p

      Delete
  4. >I stood in front of a [b]vacant[/b] reception and waited for my turn.
    Seriously?

    ReplyDelete

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 46

  Volume 2  - Boyhood Chapter 16 - The three adventurers The three got into the carriage and headed to Illustin Federation. 「I still can'...