Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 39

Volume 2  - Boyhood

Chapter 9 - Returning home and reflection

「Ooh. Now I can go home! Thank you, master!」

「Well, you can visit me anytime. I'll also train you. Ah, right, take this sword and this letter. If you show this letter to the current king, he will understand」

Cain received the sword and the letter. Once it was pulled out of its scabbard, the sword was single-edged and slightly warped, like a katana. After checking the sword that glowed in seven colors, he returned it to its sheath and stored it in his item box.

「That's my old sword, I tried to make it look like a Japanese sword. You can use that weapon from now on」

「I will gladly accept it. I'll come back to visit you soon. 『Transfer』」

Cain had been training in the world that Yuuya created for several years.

One year in that world is one day in his.

Cain's appearance should have changed over the years, however, Cain used transfer and appeared near his mansion with an identical appearance to the one before he went to the other world.   

It may have been a few days in this world, but Cain had just returned from five years of training.

Looking at the mansion from the outside, Cain finally realized that he had finally returned home.

He gently opened the door of the mansion and entered the lobby.

「I'm home...」

Cain muttered softly.

For some reason, Coran, Silvia, and some knights were walking in circles while talking in the lobby.

While he was wondering what could have happened, he walked into the circle.

「Did you really search in and around royal capital!? I'm sure he's out there somewhere. Please look for him」

Silvia was giving instructions to the knights with a ferocious intensity.

Cain decided to ask the knights behind the circle what was going on.

「Knight-san, what happened?」

「Baron Cain has gone missing. He had said he would return in two days but it has been five days since he left the house. So a search party has been formed, both within the royal capital and beyond the capital」

The knight answered.

「……」

A cold sweat falls from Cain's forehead...

「By the way, who are you? This is Baron Cain's mansion. Have you come as an adventurer to help in the search for Baron Cain-sama? If so, you can ask the butler Coran-dono there」

The knight politely explains to Cain. Coran and Silvia turned around when they heard that voice.

Their eyes caught Cain.

Then, Silvia dropped the documents she had in her hands.

She started shedding tears while shaking.

「Gain-zamaaa~~~!!!!」

Silvia jumps towards him.

Silvia cries as she presses her head against Cain's chest.

The knight that Cain spoke to had also been surprised, not expecting that the person he was talking to was Baron Cain himself.

「I'm rlaaad. Yoouu ssaiid you  wer;re ,go ing tto comee  back in  ttw odays but it  t had beee,,n fiive daaySb so I thought you  woulddn't c ome back~」

(I'm glaaad. You said you were going to come back in two days but it had been five days so I thought you wouldn't come back」

Cain apologized to everyone as he stroked Silvia's head that was hugging his chest.

「I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused everyone. I came back safe and sound, so you don't have to worry」

Cain bowed his head to the knights who were looking for him.

「Baron Cain, please raise your head. Even in the royal castle, voices of concern were raised. I will immediately head to the royal castle to report to them」

The knights bowed their heads and left.

Once we moved to a private room, the only people there were Silvia, Coran, and me.

「Cain-sama, please explain properly」

Cain didn't know how to explain it. After all, he couldn't say that he was with the founder, could he?

「I went to the Forest of Monsters in the Gracia territory and I got lost in there...」

They both looked at him coldly...

「「Such an excuse won't work」」

「I'm sorry. About that, I can't explain that right now. The one who can explain it is His Majesty or the Prime Minister」

Cain said honestly.  They both cleared their throats at the word "His Majesty".

「One more thing, I have a request. I would like to keep a summoned beast at home」

「「Eeeh」」

「I'm sure you'll understand once you see it...」

『Summon 「Haku」「Gin」』

A magic circle appeared on the ground, and what appeared was a white wolf about the size of a large dog and a silver dragon of the same size.

「「EeeeeEEE!!!」」

Both Coran and Silvia were surprised by the sudden appearance of the white wolf and the silver dragon, but Silvia extended her hand to those cute things.

「Cute...」

Silvia gently stretched out her hand to Haku the white wolf

Haku quietly hid behind Cain. Of course, Gin too.

「Ah...」

Silvia looked sad and brought her outstretched hand back.

「I plan to raise these kids here」

「Cain-sama, those two are...」

「Please, don't ask me about that... Haku, Gin, you both have to listen to Silvia, you heard me?」

「Wau」「Kyuii」

They both replied.

「Haku and Gin are smart enough to understand our language」

「I understand, Cain-sama」

It seems that both have approved it.

「Ah, that reminds me, Cain-sama」

「Yeah? What's wrong?」

Coran began to speak as he remembered.

「Princess Telestia and Silk-sama were quite worried about you... so they also took the day off from school. Once the school was over, they both came every day to see if you were here」

「Aah...」

Cain felt something cold on his back.

「I'm sure that soon there will be a call from the castle, so at that time please go」

「Coran, can't we fool them by saying something like I was at my parents' house...?」

「I'm sorry to say this but... Princess Telestia has arranged for the knights to search for you, so I'm afraid that's not possible」

Cain had resigned himself for the others to be angry with him.

 ◇◇◇

The next day, when Cain normally went to school in the morning, he was immediately caught by Teles and Silk.

「I heard it from the knights of the search party yesterday. Cain-sama, where have you been! I was really worried about you」

「Cain-kun. I wonder where you went on your day off from school? You should sit in seiza over there right now, shouldn't you? 」

I was attacked by both of them.  Teles explained to me how worried she was and started crying in between.

I explained to them that I had gotten lost in the Forest of Monsters and that I was taken care of in a private house that was there in the forest.

「I've never seen the Forest of Monsters, but it's full of strong monsters, right? I can't believe someone lives in a place like that...」

Once the explanation was finished, both were interested in the Forest of Monsters. The one who took care of Cain was the ancestor of Teles, but as expected he cannot tell her such a thing.

「That's the place where I found the red dragon I'm decorating my mansion with. That person was also so strong that I stayed training with him for a while, and when I realized I stayed for a couple of days」

「My father wasn't worried, but he told me to tell him as soon as you got back, and he said, 'What mess does that guy plan to make next?'」

「...I'll go to the castle as soon the school is over...」

That day Cain dropped his shoulders and went to class with a depressed look on his face.

「I want to go home...」

Of course, there was no way he could just go home. Teles and Silk were on each side.

「Then, let's go to meet my father」

The three of us got into the carriage that came to pick up Telestia and headed to the royal castle.

I was guided to the reception area where I had already become regular and had a cup of tea. While waiting for His Majesty's arrival I was trying to suppress the desire to leave.

After a short time, both His Majesty and the Prime Minister came in.

「Ooh. Cain, you were safe after all. Though we weren't worried, Telestia was worried and panicked. Where have you been?」

「About that... I was with someone that Zenon-sama wanted me to meet」

Both were surprised when Cain mentioned the name of the God of Creation.

I took the letter from my item box, and gave it to His Majesty.

「That certain someone told me to give it to His Majesty...」

His Majesty froze when he saw the seal on the letter he had received.

「Cain, this is the seal of the Esfort royal family.  The one who stamped this...」

He removed the seal and began to read what was inside.

His Majesty's complexion gradually changed as he began to read...

After reading it completely, he passed the letter to the Prime Minister, and in the same way, his complexion gradually changed as he began to read.

「S-Such a thing... Cain, you were with the founder-sama...?  Not only that, he had become a God...」

「...Yes, it's indeed like that. The founder-sama created another world and became a God of Creation of that world」

Cain affirms with a nod.

Then, he puts the katana which he received together with the letter on the table.

「This is... It is exactly like the katana that was said to be used by the founder-sama」

「Yes, it was given to me by the founder-sama」

Then he put the sword away in the item box.

「The founder-sama said in the letter that you were given a mission. That mission, is something you can tell us?」

His Majesty asked. Cain shook his head in response.

「I'm sorry, Your Majesty,  but I can't talk right now about that mission. It's not time yet, nor has it been confirmed」

Cain and His Majesty's gaze met. At that moment, His Majesty let out a sigh.

「It was written that the founder-sama trained you. How did it go-ja?」

「That, of course, was really tough. After all, regardless of day and night, he made me train for five years」

Cain couldn't help but be honest when following the flow of the conversation.

「You... Right now, you said five years?」

「Aah!!!!!!!」

「We should hear a little more about that, shouldn't we...?」

As usual, it was Cain, who was a bit careless, and His Majesty, who had a suspicious smile on his face.

12 comments:

  1. Suggestion:
    Japanese sword -> Katana

    Thanks for the treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all japanese swords (nihontō) are equal to katana ;) there are also other, including double-edged swords. Here we only know that mentioned sword is single edged. There is no information about length, which is one of the classification parameters

      Delete
  2. This was very funny. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, they time warp the 5 years training just like that. they not even explain how Cain get Haku and Gin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd assume side stories but if you want to know look up the manga it covers it all

      Delete
    2. i think it will be explained in side story, but if you are interested the manga cover his training and his meeting with both summoned beasts

      Delete
  4. Yeah the manga explained it better but they are just up to the return now. They spent a couple issues on the training. Although I only remember the dragon from that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why did his appearance not change? How did he get a wolf and a dragon? So many questions, doubt we’ll get answers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the manga it covers it im assuming in the ln its a side story

      Delete
  6. When I tought the manga surpasing this... And the the time skip.... Hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 46

  Volume 2  - Boyhood Chapter 16 - The three adventurers The three got into the carriage and headed to Illustin Federation. 「I still can'...