Friday, November 6, 2020

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 40

 

Volume 2  - Boyhood

Chapter 10 - Restarting&Reunion

After receiving a severe scolding yesterday, Cain took advantage of the fact that it was a day off from school and went to show his face at the Adventurer's Guild after a long time.

As it was before noon, there were few adventurers and the reception area was also deserted.

The receptionist, Letia-san, was there, so I called her.

「Letia-san, it's been a long time. Do you have any good requests for me...?」

Because I suddenly raised my rank to the A-rank and have never done anything but subjugation requests, I asked Letia-san for help.

「Ah, it's been a while, Cain-sama. So a request? Before that, I was asked to tell you once you came, to go visit the guild master, so let me guide you」

Letia said a couple of words to the other receptionists and came out from behind the counter.

「The guild master is on the floor above us, so let me guide you」

Cain followed Letia up the stairs.

The guild master's room was at the end of the third floor, and the entrance to his office was magnificent.

Letia knocks.

「Guild master, Cain-sama is here to see you」

「You can come in~」

A voice came from the other side of the door, then Letia proceeded to open it and let me in.

Cain entered the room and was led to a sofa where he sat.

「I'll bring some tea now」

And just like that, Letia left the room.

「Cain-kun, it's been a long time. Well, you can stay seated there. I was starting to worry since it's been a while since you've come to get a request, you know?」

Cain greets him from his seat.

「Eden-san, it's been a while. Since I entered the school, I haven't had time to come...」

「Well, it can't be helped then. Actually, I'd like you to take care of the bandits we talked about last time. After all, an A-rank is supposed to be experienced」

「You told about that last time, so where are they?」

Just then, a knock was heard, and Letia came in bringing the tea.

「Sorry to keep you waiting」

She then placed the tea in front of us.

「Letia, can you bring me the file regarding the bandits we talked about before?」

「Yes, I understand」

Letia leaves the room again.

「I will explain everything when she brings me the materials」

A few minutes later, Letia entered bringing with her the written request and the information about the request.

「This is the information, and it is related to you, Cain-kun. This gang of thieves is on its way to the royal capital from the territory of Gracia」

Saying that, I unfolded a map of the Esfort Kingdom and checked out the places that had been attacked so far.

「It's only a gang of ten thieves, but I wonder if you'll be okay?  Well, I suppose that's a stupid question. Though I don't think it's a competence issue, it's more an issue of whether you can kill people or not...」

Eden was still worried about that.

「Although I don't know if I can kill them, I may capture them all. I think I'll be fine」

「Since they are a day away from the royal capital, the deadline for the request will be about three weeks. The reward will be two gold coins. I entrust it to you, then」

「I understand. I will go there immediately」

Cain received the information and left the guild.

Two gold coins as a reward would amount to about 2 million yen in Japanese yen. However, Cain who has already made huge profits with his partnership with the company it is no longer in need of money.

When he entered the alleyway, he used long-distance teleportation(Long Warp) to transfer himself out of the royal capital.

Using "fly" he began to rise to the sky and began to fly about a hundred meters above the road.

While watching the flow of carriages and people coming and going from the royal capital from above while flying, Cain saw a carriage being attacked about a hundred kilometers away.

「So that's where you were. I have to make it in time」

Cain began to accelerate mid-air at once and flew over there.

A carriage and two guards were being attacked. As the information said, there were ten bandits.

Cain positioned himself on top of the carriage and landed on the ground.

「I'll help you!」

Cain pulled out his sword and got into position.

Everyone was surprised by the sudden appearance of a child.

「「「「Eh?」」」」

「Ah, Cain-kun?」

「Cain-sama?」

Both the coachman and his guards looked familiar.

「Sabinos-san? Nina-sensei?」

I recognized another one. The other person had her red hair tied back and was holding a sword That person had cuts everywhere and was bleeding.

「Milly-sensei!!!」

When Cain saw that Milly was full of injuries, he immediately stood in front of Milly.

「Hey hey. We've one more brat here. These two women are of good quality and the child could be sold for good money too」

One of the bandits licked his lips and directed a disgusting laugh at me.

「So it's Cain! It is difficult for me alone with their numbers. Can you help me out of this situation?」

「Milly-san, Let me do it. Milly-san, please stay back」

With that said, he cast a 『High Heal』on Milly.

Thanks to the timely arrival, the wounds could be closed with High Heal.

「Cain, even if it is you, against ten opponents it is... I've already recovered, let me help you」.

「Milly-san, even if the wound was closed, the blood will not return. Please, continue guarding Sabinos-san. I'll take care of the rest」

The bandits laughed at Cain who came out alone.

「What can a brat do alone?  A brat like you should just continue sucking on your mama's breast!」

「「「Gyahahahaha」」」

「That's all you have to say...? You need to be punished for hurting Milly-sensei...」

Without moving from the place, Cain brandished his sword.

The upper and lower body of one of the bandits, who continued to laugh, began to slide and fell.

「「「「「Wha」」」」」

Not only did the bandits who were laughing freeze, but Milly and Nina too.

Without moving from his place, and with only a flash of Cain's sword, the upper and lower body ended up separated. It's nothing to be surprised.

「This brat is dangerous! Let's get serious!」

Although Cain ended up killing a bandit, he had planned to capture the others. He knew that if they were selling children, that somewhere an illegal sale of slaves was taking place.

Cain sheathed his sword and threw himself into the midst of the other bandits at once. In an instant, the rest of the bandits who were standing there collapsed after being poked in the jaw or hit in the stomach by the sheath.

「Fuu. It's still hard to hold back...」

Saying that, I pull out a rope from the item box.

「Milly-sensei, I've taken care of them, so please help me tie them up」

Milly, who had frozen at the sight of Cain's movements, finally started moving again.

「I-I could barely see your movements」

While mumbling that, Milly took Cain's rope and started tying up the bandits one after the other.

The capture of the bandits was over, so he took a breath.

「I'm glad that I made it in time. But still, what a coincidence that we are meeting here」

「Cain-sama, thank you」

「Cain, thanks. You saved us」

「Cain-kun, you were amazing!」

All three thanked me.

「But still, what are you doing here, Cain?」

Milly asked me.

「I received a request from the guild master to eliminate the bandits. And just as I was looking for them, I found Milly-sensei and the others being attacked」

「But even so... You're still only ten years old, right? The capture of bandits starts from C-rank. And it is also the content of the test to become a B-rank」

Cain honestly took out his guild card.

The card was a shining golden card.

「「A rank!?」」

「As expected of Cain-kun...」

It was Milly-sensei and Sabinos-san who were surprised. Nina-sensei was as unfazed as ever.

「Several things happened and I was forced to the A-rank」

「Well, you can tell us when we get to the royal capital.  What are you going to do about these bandits?」

「You don't have to worry about that」

Cain pulled out a horse-driven carriage-like thing from the item box.

It looked like a truck with no roof on the driver's seat or in the back.

「Eh」

This time it was Sabinos-san who was surprised. Milly and Nina both knew that Cain had an item box.

『Creative Production』

Cain cast a spell and the carriage turned into something like a cage.

「It will be fine if you put them there. This wagon runs on magic stones, so it doesn't need a horse」

「As expected, Cain continues doing absurd things」

Milly laughed at Cain's explanation.

Sabinos's eyes turned into dots and was surprised.

Once everyone calmed down, they carried the still alive bandits to the cage. The bandit who died at first was already stored in Cain's item box.

「Then, let's go to the royal capital. I will accompany you to the royal capital」

With that said, Cain rode to the royal capital in the self-propelled wagon with the caged bandits on board.

3 comments:

  1. I wish he did not install anti vibration in that carriage. That is too much of a luxury wasted on bandits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the slaves in the bandits’ hideout? I assume there are captures people there.

    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 46

  Volume 2  - Boyhood Chapter 16 - The three adventurers The three got into the carriage and headed to Illustin Federation. 「I still can'...