Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 44

 

Volume 2  - Boyhood

Chapter 14 - Fabinir's otherworld training record 2

「I'm Doran. I'm Yuuya's old friend. I've been called to train you」

After defeating monsters in the name of training for a long four years and finally arriving at my master's house, a new master appeared.

Doran is about two meters tall and his well-trained body could be seen even through his clothes.

His silver hair was pulled all back and was looking at Cain with a sharp look in his eyes.

「That's right. Cain, you should learn swordsmanship and martial arts from this Doran」

Yuuya stands next to Doran and tells Cain that.

「Master, I understand. Doran-san, please take care of me」

Cain bowed to Doran.

「Umu, however, if we train here, we will destroy the house, so let's do it near my house. We'll be moving」

「I understand. Haku, come here!」

Once Haku approached, Cain sent it back.

Then Doran placed his hand on Cain's shoulder and chanted a spell.

「Alright, here we go, 『Transfer』」

At that moment, Doran and Cain disappeared.

After seeing the two leave, Yuuya headed to the back of his house.

There, the place was full of flowers blooming, and in the center were three tombs lined up next to each other.

「Seiya, Megumi. Kazuya has also come to this world and has grown splendidly. He might be capable of what we couldn't」

Yuuya put his hands together in front of the grave and prayed, then went back to the house.

◇◇◇

Doran and Cain arrived at an empty meadow.

「We'll train here. There's nothing around here after all」

「We'll start with martial arts. Come at me whenever you want」

Cain summoned Haku and told it to go play as it pleased.

Haku happily ran across the meadow.

「I'm prepared now. Here I go」

Cain had a significant increase in status due to defeating so many monsters and leveling.

Cain ran towards Doran at an unstoppable speed.

Just as he was about to hit him with his right hand, before he knew it, Cain was looking up to the sky.

「Huh?」

Cain stands up, not knowing why he was lying down. It happened in a flash.

「Cain-kun. You're still too slow. Bring it on!」

He rushed over again, this time mixing feints in his blows, however, he couldn't get any of his hits to hit the target. Cain continued with the training, attacking all day until the sun went down, leaving him exhausted and collapsed in the meadow.

「I can't move... anymore...」

「Let's call it a day. We will repeat this for a time. Then we'll bring our weapons next time」

「...Yes... thank you very much...」

When Haku returned after playing, he looked at the fallen Cain with concern.

After sending Haku home, Cain lost consciousness there.

Doran carried the unconscious Cain on his shoulder and teleported to Doran's house.

「I'm backー. Take care of this guy」

Doran, who was carrying Cain on his shoulders, threw Cain straight to the sofa.

「Welcome back, dear. Oh my, you continued until you made such a mess of him...」

The clothes he was wearing were covered with grass and dirt, tattered from being thrown down again and again. Doran's wife, seeing the exhausted and unconscious Cain, turned to her husband with an exasperated smile and said, 「In moderation, okay?」

「Well, it was his first time, and this is how it should be」

After that, Doran carried him to a room and threw him there, but Cain was so tired that he didn't wake up until morning.

Sunlight flowed into the room. That brightness woke up Cain.

「An unknown ceiling」

As he repeats the same line he once said, he got up and looked around, then he realized that he had been sleeping in a bed in a room about six tatami mats.

「Right, I lost consciousness while training with master Doran」

Cain got dressed and left the room.

When he went to the living room, he found master Doran and a woman. And on the sofa was a small silver-white dragon sleeping.

「Good morning」

Cain bowed his head to the two and greeted them.

「Morning. Did you sleep well?」

It was the woman who spoke to me.

「Ah, we haven't introduced ourselves yet. I'm Doran's wife, Ruri. Nice to meet you」

Ruri was as tall as Cain and was a twenty-something beauty with the same silver hair as Doran and it reached the waist.

「Nice to meet you, I'm Cain von Silford. Please call me Cain」

Cain greeted Ruri with a light bow.

「Breakfast is already ready, so come to eat」

「Thank you」

Cain did as Ruri asked and sat down in a chair.

The meal served was delicious. It feels like I finally had a decent meal in a long time.

It was something that Cain was grateful for since he was defeating monsters and eating their flesh all this time.

Tears unintentionally fell from his eyes.

「Oh my. Are you okay, Cain-kun?」

Ruri asks gently.

「I'm fine. I've been surviving in the forest for four years, so I'm glad to have a delicious meal after so long」

「Oh my, so it was like that. You'll be spending the rest of your training at our house, so you can eat a meal like this every day」

Ruri smiled when she heard that her food was delicious.

「Thank you」

In regard to food I was happy now. While we were eating, the silver dragon that was lying on the sofa came in my direction and tilted its head. It's still a baby dragon about a meter long.

「Kyui?」

It may be interested in me because it has never seen me before.

「I'm Cain. Nice to meet you」

Then when I patted the dragon on the head, it smiled with its eyes half-closed.

「After eating, we'll go training at once!」

Doran called out to me.

「Yes! I'll go right away!」

And so the hard training began again.

The days continued, and soon almost a year passed.

「Good, it looks like we're done. This is the end of my training」

「Thank you, master Doran.」

「You can take it easy today, and then you can go to Yuuya's place tomorrow」

Immediately afterward, Cain sat down, short of breath.

The next morning, Cain got dressed and had breakfast with everyone.

「It will be lonely here. Come visit us again anytime」

「Ruri-san, thank you for everything. I'll come to visit you again」

Cain thanked and bowed his head to Ruri, who served him a delicious meal every day.

「Cain, I'm sorry but could you take this child with you? Make a contract just like with Haku. I want this child to see the wider world」

Saying so, Doran-san handed me the silver dragon.

「Although it has a true name, it does not have a given name. Cain, you can give it one」

I chose the name Haku based on the color white(Haku), so since it is silver(Gin) its name should be Gin, I suppose.

「Then, you'll be Gin. Is that okay?」

When Cain asked it, the silver dragon responded with a 'Kyui' cry and went straight up to Cain's head. Having spent a year together, Cain became friends with Gin as well. As expected, having passed the meter, it was already a little heavy to have in your head.

「You're a little too heavy~」

Cain lowered Gin from his head and held it in his arms. Gin comfortably curls up in Cain's arms.

「It seems that this child also likes you. Please, bring it in from time to time」

Cain made a contract as he did with Haku and Gin disappeared into the magic circle and appeared when he was summoned.

「I will! I'll come again. Then, 『Transfer』」

After confirming that Cain was gone, Doran mumbled a few words.

「Please take care of my child」

Finally, after completing his training with Doran, he returned to the home of his master Yuuya.

「Master! I'm back」

He walks straight into the house without knocking.

Yuuya seemed to understand why Cain appeared there, then prepared two cups of coffee and gave him one.

「Thank you」

「Well, sit down. I've got something to tell you」

Cain sat down on the sofa and drank his coffee.

Looking at Cain who was sitting in front of him, Yuuya used the god's eye.

Although using appraisal makes the other party feel uncomfortable, Yuuya is a god and can use his ability to check Cain's status without him knowing.

「It seems that you did well. If you had trained half-hearted, I planned to train you myself, but it seems that it is not necessary. You're already strong enough. Looks like that Doran guy pushed you too hard. What I am going to tell you is a story from my past. But first, I need you to see something」

Yuuya guided me to the back of the house, a place full of flowers in full bloom.

「What I want you to see is this」

There were three graves on the place I was guided.

Yuuya pointed at two of the tombs with his eyes.

Cain stood in front of the tombs and read the inscriptions on them.

The words that were engraved were written in Japanese.

『Shiina Seiya lies here』

『Shiina Megumi lies here』

「This... could be...」

Cain recognizes the name, from when he was Shiina Kazuya.

Engraved on itーー were the names of his dead parents.

「It's just like you think. Me, Seiya, and Megumi all died in Japan.  And all three of us were summoned to this world. I was summoned as the hero, Seiya as a Holy Knight and Megumi as a Sage, and we fought Aaron with all our might. We barely made it at that fight, and as a consequence, both lost their lives」

Yuya had a sad look in her eyes.

「Before we start talking about old times, couldn't you talk to Seiya and Megumi for a while?」

「...I will」

Cain kneels before the two graves.  Then he puts his two hands together.

「... Dad, mom, I thought you died in an accident, but it turns out you two were in this world. My grandpa died a year before I died, so I lived alone until I died at seventeen. There was a slasher, and there was a girl who was about to be attacked, so when I helped her, I ended up getting stabbed... And you won't believe it but the girl I helped was Saori's younger sister, Aimi-chan. I'm glad I was able to save her. In this world, thanks to the gods, I became stronger than others. I think that's why the people I have to protect increased. Father, mother, you two fought against Aaron and protected everyone. Once the seal is broken, I will continue your fight. I think it will take some time, but please wait for me」

Tears began to flow naturally from Cain's eyes. Memories of when he was Kazuya began to appear in his mind.

It was only at this time, that the person here was not Cain von Silford but Shiina Kazuya.

「Thank you, Cain. You know, the two of them were worried about you the whole time, fighting desperately as they looked for ways to return to their world」

「Whose other grave is it?」

Cain asked Yuuya.

「That's... Meline, my wife's grave. She was the saint who summoned us and helped us to the end」

「If she's Yuuya's wife, then I have to pray for her too」

Cain went to Meline's grave, kneeled, and brought his hands together.

「Meline-san, it seems that you took care of my mom and dad. Thank you」

Yuuya, seeing that Cain was heading to Meline's grave, murmured a word behind Cain.

「...Thank you」

They bowed to the grave, and then both entered the house in silence.

Yuuya made another fresh cup of coffee.

Then he sat on the opposite side of the sofa.

「...We were summoned to this world through the invocation ceremony of the country of Marineford」

Yuya's old story began.

3 comments:

Aristocrat Reborn in Another World Ch. 46

  Volume 2  - Boyhood Chapter 16 - The three adventurers The three got into the carriage and headed to Illustin Federation. 「I still can'...